The Simonsberg is named after the first Governor of the Cape, Simon van der Stel, after which Stellenbosch is also named. 1699 he granted the freehold of this piece of land to Lorenz Kamfer, a German. The farm had various owners until Hans Otto Hoheisen bought it in 1938 as a retirement home for himself and his wife Deli. German friends suggested to grow vineyards and two years later Hans Otto planted the first grape vines.
Product data sheet
(1 bottle(s) = CHF 22.00)